What if you could give your dog a chew that could make him live longer?
Now, with my second set of dogs, two Miniature Schnauzers, a Mini Poodle, and a chubby mutt from the pound, there’s not much I wouldn’t to do ensure that they lived as long as possible. I feel the same way about myself. I spent three years battling a nasty case of late-diagnosed Lyme Disease, so ill each day that I could not get out of bed. Aside from the medical attention I received, I believe that a large part of my healing from that illness was due to the research that I did on healing and health.
What’s a telomere and why should I care about it, you ask? Good question. I’ll try to explain telomeres as I understand them.
Telomeres are the protective caps at the ends of each chromosome in every cell in your body, kind of like those little plastic tips at the end of your shoelaces. Each time a cell divides, the telomeres on the DNA get shorter. When the telomere gets too short, the cell can no longer divide, causing it to become inactive. That’s what causes aging and eventually, death. If you can stop the telomeres from shortening, or if you can lengthen them, you can effectively slow down the aging process. This is what TELO-100 does for humans.
Help Your Dog, Help a Rescue: Telomere Biosciences is committed to giving back to help dogs in need! From August 19 - October 1, for every single bottle of TELO-20 for Dogs you purchase, they will donate $5 to Fresno Bully Rescue. FBR is a non-profit, no-kill rescue and shelter dedicated to rescuing bully dog breeds, from Bull Terriers to Bull Dogs.
If the word “telomere” sounds made up to you, you’re not alone. But I researched it (Google is a wondrous thing), and it turns out that the scientists who discovered telomeres and the enzyme telomerase, both of which function to protect chromosomes, were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine in 2009 for the work they performed on this subject at major institutions, such as Yale University. Not too shabby.
TELO-20 for Dogs directions for use: Each bottle contains 60 chewables. Dosage is one chewable tablet per day per each 30 pounds of dog. If you have a 30 pound dog, one bottle for $49 will last two months. If you have a 15 pound dog, you can split the tablet in half, and one bottle will last four months. If you have a tiny dog, you can give him a quarter of a tablet. For those with dogs heavier than 60 pounds, two tablets per day is the recommended dosage, or one tablet per every 30 pounds of dog per day, or one bottle per month.
Paws up for TELO-20 for Dogs! It’s part of my "insurance" that my dogs don’t go to the “farm” for a long, long time.
From the TELO-20 for Dogs website:
The first Telomere-Lengthening Nutritional Supplement in the world for dogs based on the breakthrough health and wellness benefits of Nobel Prize-winning Telomere science to promote healthy aging and longevity in dogs aged 5 to 15+.
TELO-20 for Dogs is formulated to:
1. Help Maintain Existing Telomere Length and Slow the Rate of Telomere Shortening, to Help Preserve the Functional Lifespan of Cells, and Help Slow the Aging Process at the Cellular Level.
2. Help Maintain Existing Levels of the Telomere-Lengthening Enzyme, Telomerase, especially in Stem Cells and Immune Cells, to Help Preserve Telomere Length, Regenerative Capacity, and the Functional Lifespan of these Critical Cell Types.
3. Activate the Enzyme Telomerase, through Multiple Natural Telomerase-Activating Compounds, to Help Lengthen Telomeres to Help Maintain and Extend Cellular Function and Lifespan.
- Help Maintain & Promote Healthy Aging and Longevity.
- Help Maintain & Promote the Health, Regenerative Capacity & Functional Life Span of Critical Stem Cells.
- Help Maintain & Support the Health of the Heart and Circulatory System.
- Help Maintain & Support Bone Health and Metabolic Health.
- Help Reduce Oxidative Stress and Inflammation.
- Help Maintain & Promote the Health and Appearance of the Coat and Skin.
Follow Telo-20 for Dogs on Twitter @telo20fordogs and Facebook. Here's a link to TELO-20 for Dogs' official press release.
Great post on TELO-20 for Dogs on PetsWeekly.